News and media
Vacancies: Te Araroa Trust board members
This is an excellent opportunity to be involved in the governance of Aotearoa New Zealand’s internationally recognised 3,000km walking trail, rated among the top long walks in the world.
Te Araroa Trust is looking to add up to four new trustees to its national board. It is seeking expressions of interest from those who have enthusiasm, and affinity for outdoor recreation and tramping, along with demonstrable experience and capability in at least two or more of the following:
- Governance experience
- Community service fundraising and partnerships
- Active recreational development regionally or nationally
- Land and property legislation
- Marketing and communications experience
- Financial and commercial acumen,
- The role of Te Araroa Trail in adding value to tourism to Aotearoa New Zealand
The Board is also seeking applicants with an appreciation and understanding of the importance of Māoritanga, iwi partnerships, and the stories of the first people of Aotearoa New Zealand.
The trust’s purpose is to develop, promote and protect Te Araroa. Whilst the Board is in the process of completing its strategic direction, the strategic priorities include:
- Partnerships — achieving reciprocity and enhancing the relevance, identity and guardianship of Te Araroa.
- Maintain — enhance the integrity of Te Araroa as a continuous and connected pathway.
- Sustain — secure the future of Te Araroa through partnerships and funding.
- Advocate and popularise — position Te Araroa as an iconic walk amongst New Zealanders and globally.
Te Araroa Trust supports the development of community and economic opportunities for New Zealand and in regions. The trail offers a valuable local recreational asset for those walking short or long sections and is a magnet for domestic and international visitors.
Te Araroa Trust relies extensively on the work of volunteers through a network of active regional trusts to sustain, promote and support the trail as an inspiring iconic representation of the geographic and cultural diversity of Aotearoa New Zealand.
To apply: Send your governance CV and covering letter to email@example.com
For more information: Te Araroa Trust Trustee Information Pack April 2022